Thinking of upgrading to the all-new iPhone 5?
Reviews of the iPhone 5 – Many think the new iPhone 5 leaves a lot to be desired and is Apple’s epic failure of the year:
- Apple Maps – Yes Apple’s maps are a cool feature and they will eventually improve upon them but only after using you as their “paying BETA testers”. Think about that.
- Weird Bugs – One of our testers keep seeing weird things while texting. It’s like there is something going on with the display. When you send a text it looks fine but when someone replies, their reply gets stuck on top of your original text. It’s random but it happens and I’m sure we’re not the only ones.
- LTE Verizon Network Glitch – Do users see increased browsing speed on the new iPhone 5 using the LTE network? From time to time, we were impressed when comparing speeds because we kept seeing bursts on the iPhone with LTE that were impressive, but then we would test again and the iPhone 5 NOT on LTE, would win. So right now at least, that’s just another #applefail.
Apple has recently admitted that Apple iPhone 5 on Verizon has a glitch that causes the phone to use the LTE network even when on wi-fi which causes users to go over their plan’s allowed data usage. We’ve seen this first hand because our tester was on the Verizon network and for the first time in the history of their Verizon contract, they we’re over the usage limit in September.
Verizon has yet to reach out to them in regards to the matter but we feel sure they will not charge for the overage.
- AT&T LTE Glitch too?: Since this was admitted to be a real issue with Verizon, we’ve seen similar things happening with some AT&T iPhone 5 customers. As of the time of this blog, neither Apple nor AT&T had admitted having any problems with the device and the AT&T network though. I guess we’ll wait and see.
- New iOS6 – iOS 6 is great but why buy the iPhone 5 when it comes free for iPhone 4 and 4s users.
- YouTube – Speaking of iOS 6, not having YouTube integrated really sucks. Sorry, there’s no better word to use to describe how we feel about it. Since Apple and Google don’t see eye to eye these days, the iPhone is definitely suffering. No YouTube integration, no Google Maps integration it really hurts the overall experience of using an iPhone, seriously it really does.
Many think the new iPhone 5 is a serious waste of money and, well, sadly we must say that in many cases, that is also our opinion. Steve Jobs must be rolling over in his grave. We suspect that we could get shellacked for this review and well, it’s OK. If we do, then maybe it’s proof that Apple’s brand-following is still strong enough to deter such product failures. Maybe the iPad Mini will make this all better?